Kids before Coors!

Conservative blogger Stephen Janke, also known as "Angry in the Great White North," has finally taken a stand against the Bolshevik Liberals and their contempt for Canadian parents (also, their Soviet love for enormous government.)
Demonstrating maturity and a subtle sense of humour, he's done what proud citizens should do: posted an online petition. This one is to make sure Paul Martin knows just how offended Canadians are that a Liberal insider thinks every Canadian parent is currently hammered and stuffing him or herself with double-buttered popcorn. Check it out at http://www.kidsnotbeer.com.
In my last post, I claimed that arguing about silly things like beer and popcorn clouded the substantial issues facing democratic societies. What a bore. I could have actually written about the issues themselves and pointed out that the Conservative childcare plan, $100 per month per child, works out to about $5 per working day per month. In Quebec, where there are a limited number of $7-per-day childcare spaces, some parents under the Connies could actually pay only $2 a day for childcare. That's a great deal!
Sure, you say, that only works if you treat the Conservative party policy like a condiment instead of a sandwich. But then, you're an asshole. Can you imagine how offended Canadian parents would be if you told them you thought they'd rather feed condiments to their kids than sandwiches?
This is getting confusing. Why couldn't you just use the condiments on popcorn? Is butter a condiment? How about paprika?
Listen, if there were actually anything to "debate," "Angry in the Great White North" -- a tag that clearly has no racist connotations, and shame on you if it even crossed your mind -- wouldn't be begging Canadians to tell Paul Martin just how much they love their children. (Single welfare moms and NDP-voters are encouraged not to sign.) I mean, if it was worth rationally comparing policies, why would "Angry" spend his time blogging about Belinda's brother's shady online gambling business? ("Andrew Stronach: Combining Hooters with Meals-on-Wheels")
Rick Mercer, meanwhile, that biased, Communist-Broadcasting-Corporation-subsidized, Liberal-loving, humourless fop with Jewish hair came out with his own petition, this time -- if you can believe it!! -- asking Canadians to register their disgust at the all the anti-beer rhetoric out there. The nerve of that wimpy pinko! It's enough make your Bud curdle!!!

4 comments:
Well, I'm pretty sure that crazy double butter popcorn you show is not what Mr. Reid had in mind.
There's NO WAY you could keep yourself supplied with that kind of high quality buttery popcorn for only $5 a day before taxes. Not if you wanted to have money left over for beer.
And if this is the kind of quality Scott was talking about, then I DEMAND he tell us where he's getting his cheap buttery popcorn and beer. Because I think parents deserve AT LEAST one bottle of beer and one bag of popcorn a day. And with $5 a day (before taxes) there's NO WAY a two parent household could afford that. That's almost as ridiclulous as suggesting they could get better daycare for $5 a day!!!
I'll never vote Conservative, frankly, because I like to drink imported beer, which I can't buy on $5 a day.
Does that make me unCanadian?
Way to leave the 'c' in Canadian uncapitalized in your new header image, you commie bastard. Unpatriotic behaviour is a slippery slope ...
First of all, Dane, I'm spending all my alimony from Jenn on Bohemian beer, not my fucking kid, so don't tell me who loves whose country.
Second, Wonderdog and Lord Kitchener, the point of the Conservative policy is to make you have MORE kids so we need fewer immigrants. If you have four kids, that's twenty bucks a day, which at least in my neighbourhood is enough to have a pretty good time.
Post a Comment